Thursday, September 9, 2010

Update and newest video

It's been a very long time. Here's what's happening:

I'm leaving Facebook. It's over. It's not me, it's them. It was a great way to share videos and pictures, but over time I realized that if I can't convince my friends and family to go to my website for my updates, then they aren't that interested. Also, my updates are always pushed to the "bottom of the pile" with application updates, personal updates, FarmVille requests, blah blah blah. If someone with 300+ friends (easily achieved by even moderately connected people on FB) gets a single update from each friend, where would my update sit? All in all, it's not the best place to keep people informed, plus I have no creative control over how my posts appear.

I'll be starting to tag my posts with newer tags to categorize the content. Videos, art, and concepts will be posting into separate categories, as well as into broader categories such as the ubiquitous #art tag. This will allow for much finer detail in checking my latest posts.

All previous work posted on Facebook will be posted here. My drawings will be posted here in a much higher quality, and will be easier to navigate. Hopefully this will be a better forum for comments than Facebook. I will make all relevant posts back-dated to keep this post on top and current until I begin making new updates.

This is an art blog. This is not my personal blog. Perhaps, in the future, I will create a blog that will feature my personal thoughts. I'm still on the fence about that one.

Okay, without further ado, here is my latest (silent, experimental) video:

Seething Energy Experiment #2 from Atari Whittington on Vimeo.

No comments: