Friday, March 28, 2008

Art 206

I've been doing a lot more work on some side projects that involve new designs. I might incorporate some of this in my glass by using photo resist application or perhaps sandblasting. Again, I want to start working in the actual studio, but I don't have one! I'm really frustrated.

I'm taking Art 206, which is a 2D design class. It's been helping me break some of my problems coming up with innovative design. I'm not sure how much it's really going to help, but I think there are some fundamental underlying things that I do in my art pertaining to basic good design principles. I haven't been taught the names of these methods, so it's interesting learning what it means and also how they all work together. In the end I should be able to create more stunning and dynamic pieces.

No comments: