Thursday, May 29, 2008

What's happening?

I've been listening to Jens Lekman again, which is very inspiring for me. His music is very good, well written, and well produced without sounding over-worked. There really is a sense of childishness in each song, but it's more of a childlike rebellious spirit than just being kiddy and shallow. His voice is very smooth, though I have to admit that his latest album really doesn't show off his range. In concert it was like listening to an angel, it was so clear and bright. I met him after the show and he was a very open guy and very kind.

He's Swedish, though, so I guess that explains why he's so nice. So far I have been very impressed with all the Swedes I have met. Nice folks.

I've listened to "A Postcard to Nina" several times. It really hits me hard because of some personal events in my past, but I can't help but love it. I have this strange sense of love/pain from that song. Ever love someone so much that even when it hurts just to say "Hi" you just have to keep doing it? Unrequited love. Sweet sweet hurtful love.

No comments: