Monday, April 7, 2008

He (almost) died.

After 14 years of faithful dedicated service in the field, my Israeli Paratrooper Satchel finally died. Kinda. The strap on one side completely snapped, which flung my bag to the side and down some stairs. I was able to repair the strap, but I don't know how much longer it's going to last.

I've carried my art books and projects in this bag for years. It's been around for so long that it's almost a part of me and my art, so I've decided to immortalize it by making art from it. I'm not sure what I will do with it, but somehow I'll incorporate it. I'm not sure if I'll get another one just like it. I think I might want a totally new bag that will hold more stuff and be a little more water resistant.

He was a good soldier and deserves a proper send off.

No comments: